Băneasa city is historically attested around 1750, initially being a meeting point of merchants crossing the Dobrogea region, on the left bank of the Danube. Originally, close to this area there was a village named Parachioi (Money Village). Since 1850, Băneasa is attested as locality with legal status, as well as commune, having a church built in 1850 and a Romanian school from 1869.
In 2004, according to the Law no. 83/2004 related to the declaration of some communes with city status, published in the Official Monitor under the number 310/7.04.2004, Băneasa commune, Constanţa county was declared a city having the following villages belonging to this: Negureni, Făurei and Tudor Vladimirescu.
Negureni village, belonging to Băneasa city, Constanţa county, is historically attested around 1780 and it is located in the point that is now called “Trei cişmele”. Because of an epidemic disease, its inhabitants have moved to the site of the actual village around 1800, when the locality was attested as locality, until 1968, when the locality was attached as village of the Băneasa commune.
Făure village is historically attested around 1800, while the village Tudor Vladimirescu is attested around 1800. By the year 1946, it had a village status and, after that, until 1951, the locality was attached as the village of Dobromir Vale commune. Since 1951, the locality Tudor Vladimirescu had become commune until 1968, after which it was attached as a component village of Băneasa commune.
Băneasa city is located to the south-eastern of Constanţa county, with the following territorial demarcations: in the east: Ion Corvin commune, in the west: Lipniţa commune and Bulgaria, to the north Oltina and Ion Corvin communes and to the south Dobromir commune and Bulgaria. The city consists of the following villages: Băneasa residence, Negureni, Făurei and Tudor Vladimirescu. The city covers an area of about 608, 14 hectars, of a total area of 327.01 hectars, and the agricultural area of the city covers 7861 hectars, arable-5965 hectars, vineyards-89 hectars and pastures-1807 hectars.
Băneasa is located to the south of Dobrogea platform, developed on the oldest antecambriens formations, with altitudes between 125-1330 meters. The territory has a relief consisting of relatively plane inter-rivers that gradually downs to the north and it is separated by numerous dry valleys.
The inter-rivers’ tablelands present slants varying from 0,50-2,00 meters relative altitude, as well as, presenting slopes of 2-5% and even 5-10% to the contact with the mountain sides.
As to the geomorphological part, in South Dobrogea develops protozoic formations consisting of sarmatian limestone or slabs and marl. Tectonically, the green schists are strongly skin, the home village of residence Băneasa is located in an area with mixed relief. The differentiated action of the underground modeller factors led to the formation of some units of relief characterized by low altitude plateau, the differences in altitude between the component parts being reduced.
Close to the locality Băneasa, as well as, within the locality, there are no pollutants and the qualitz air is very good. The local drinking water szstem is managed by RAJA Eforie – Constanţa, the distribution network lenght is about 18 kilometers. The sewerage is about 3 kilometers in lenght and it serves the blocks from Băneasa (about 420 persons) and a portion of about 200 meters has been recently fulfilled for the food market which is under construction.
In Băneasa city there is only one school library that is functional, the library of Băneasa High School. Regarding the cultural centers, there are two such establishments: one in Băneasa and another in Negureni. In the former village Valea Ţapului there is also a stone drinking fountain dating from the nineteenth century, located nowadays on a public land of local interest of Băneasa city.